The CO2.F.Fo.Ma Marche project
The CO2.F.Fo.Ma Marche project (Calculation and Certification of Carbon Sequestration in Managed Forests) was funded by the P.S.R. 2014-2020 Marche Region and implemented in 2019-2023.
The objective was to promote the Sustainable Forest Management (GFS) of the forest assets managed by the Marche region’s 3 SAF (Agro-Silvo-Pastoral Property Management Society) and the Catria Consortium Company. D.R.E.Am. Italia, the technical project partner, has coordinated and/or carried out consultancy in the following activities of the PEI Operational Group:
- Adaptation of existing forest management plans;
- GFS certification through the PEFC certification scheme of more than 9,000 has been managed;
- Specific forest analyses concerning epigeal biomass, litter, organic horizon, and soil, for the qualitative-quantitative definition of the Sustainability Credits obtainable from the GFS;
- Preparation of a computer platform for the exchange of information between potential bidders and buyers of the Credits mentioned above;
- Training and transfer of technical know-how to the forest workers of the Consorzio Marche Verdi (project partner).
Training related to marketing, communication, and fundraising activities in support of the emerging Bosco di Marca Certification Group.
PARTNER: Saf Marche (capofila) – Saf Monti Azzurri – Saf Tronto – Az. Sp. Cons. Catria – Dream Italia – Promoter – PEFC – Cursa CIA Ancona